Don’t Buy HVAC Leads!
What Are HVAC Leads?
HVAC leads are pieces of data about potential consumers or target markets. These are typically leads generated from a third-party source often a company that specializes in lead generation for that particular market. What this company isn’t telling you, however, is how many people they sold the leads to. Typically the data quality is sub par and you get a very low conversion rate as a result. In my experience, leads purchased from a list convert less than 10%.
At Lodo web we don’t provide you any HVAC leads, instead we promote high quality lead generation strategies with your own website. This means that your own site will become a lead generating machine. What’s the point in purchasing “cold” HVAC leads when you can generate leads that help you with your customer retention.
What are the 7 Reasons not to buy HVAC Leads?
Why would you purchase HVAC leads from a company you don’t know. Where did they get the leads? Who are these customers. Are they targeted customers? It’s next to impossible for you to tell where these HVAC leads even came from it’s just a random assortment from a company you do not know.
Leads can be hit or miss. Here are 7 Reasons why you shouldn’t purchase HVAC leads.
1. Freshness of Leads: You have no idea how fresh this list is. These HVAC leads could have been sitting there for 10 days, 10 months, or even 10 years and there’s no way for you to validate that information.
2. Quality of the HVAC Leads: There is absolutely no way for you to determine the quality of these leads. They can all have a very high bounce rate, broken phone numbers, incorrect names. You or your sales team might just end up making a fool of yourself without the proper research. Transparency is key when purchasing HVAC Leads. The highest quality leads come from your own self generation strategies.
3. Double Selling: You don’t know how many times this list may have been sold to others. Maybe your own competitor down the street already purchased this list and is also calling on them. There is no way for you to verify any of this.
4. Tired Leads: How many times has this list been called on. For the amount of companies that may possess these HVAC leads, for all you know these people are receiving several spam calls a day. You’ll just be another spammer. I’m sure your business gets tons of spam calls for other business related services, imagine how the consumer business may feel.
5. Potential FCC Violation: If these leads weren’t qualified, how would you know if they’re not in a do not call registry? How do you know if these emails or phone calls won’t be marked as spam or complaints? It’s simple. You wouldn’t. Every single call every single email you’re potentially risking the Complaint notice from the government. Being compliant in today’s business world is so important.
6. Targeting: There’s is no way to validate how do list is created and where was targeted and what the demographic information is on it. Usually lists come with limited analytics. There’s no way for you to know if this is even your target audience. In fact do you know what your target audience is? Probably not. And that’s exactly why a lead generation strategy, implemented properly, can make or break your business. Internal leads Will always outperform purchase HVAC Leads.
7. Money: Look, your leads are not going to be permanent. Eventually, you will exhaust your list. What then? You’re going to have to go out and buy more HVAC Leads. Generating your own leads and investing into a permanent lead generating system is going to be the most cost-effective strategy. In fact you’ll know that these leads are interested in your business, and can be called upon endlessly for recurring revenue. They contacted you.
At LoDo Web we focus on internal lead generation systems that generate leads for you. So they are always fresh and always new.
What has been your experience purchasing leads from companies?